Mitacs Elevate has a fellowship program opportunity – the Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Program; it is reported that this is the only postdoctoral fellowship in Canada with expert skills training component. This is a postdoctoral fellowship with a specialized research management training component. Fellows savage complex challenges using:
- A cmprehensive research management curriculum for postdoctoral fellows in any field.
- A minimum one-year research project (usually two years in period) with a partner company in need of high-level professionalism.
- A Partner Organization Business Case, formed to layout project objectives, risks, and stakeholder success criteria, and guarantee project value
Promote fellows’ achievement through the program in a cohort, offering them a cross-disciplinary connection and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers. Elevate members split their time between their partner organization project and university-focused research with their faculty supervisor.
Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Program – Summary
- Eligible Countries: All
- Application Deadline:
- Intent to apply deadline: 15th December, 2021
- Final application deadline: 19th January 2022
- Location: Canada
- Study Level: Postdoctoral
Eligibility for Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Program
To be eligible for Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Program, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Elevate supervisors have a position in a faculty at a Canadian university and must be qualified to administer Tri-Council funds and be in a position that permits them to supervise graduate scholars.
- The program is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international candidates. The individual must be based at a university in Canada for the period of the fellowship.
- They must be dedicated to the 2-year fellowship, the training, development, and when applying to Elevate. The replacement and/or substitute of fellows are not permited.
- Postdoctoral fellows can apply for the fellowship if their graduation date from a Ph.D. program is not over 5 years before the intended start date of the research project. Applicants who have had a break in their career because of military service, siclness, or family leave may be exempted and must be approved in advance of proposal submission. If this applies to you and/or you need more details, please communicate with Mitacs at elevate(at)mitacs.ca.
- Applicants who are successful must have satisfied all degree requirements (e.g., successful defense, final deposit, and signoff of dissertation) for their Ph.D. at the time of project start date.
- All applicants who successfully got into the Elevate program must ensure that they meet the PDF eligibility requirements at their host institution. They will maintain a PDF status by the time their fellowship starts and for the two-year period of the Elevate program.
- They have to be employed for over six months in an R&D position outside the university after getting their doctoral degree.
- They must not have gotten an employment offer from the partner organization
- If a candidate’s application is not nominated for an award, he/she may not be qualified to apply again the moment he or she has accrued over six months of industrial or partner organization work. It is advised that fellows accept a temporary contract only if needed and that the period of the contract be kept as short as possible.
- Those who have held a Mitacs Accelerate award as a Masters, or Ph.D. student are qualified to apply. They may also apply if they have been accepted for no over 3 internship units of Accelerate funding (1 year equivalent) aid at the postdoctoral level to be accomplished before the beginning of the Elevate fellowship. Those who have already has a Mitacs Elevate award are not qualified to apply again.
- They cannot apply to numerous Mitacs programs at the same period.
Benefits of Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Program
Recipients of Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Program will be offered the benefits below:
- $55,000 minimum yearly stipend
- Training curriculum worth of $7,500 per annum
- Submission aid, as well as application feedback, from Mitacs representatives
- Certificate of completion after getting their exit survey and final report submission
- Duration of Program: 2 years
How to Apply for Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Program
To avail Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Program, please follow the guidelines below:
- Find how to apply here
- It is crucial to follow application guidelines before applying.
To inquire further about Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Program, please visit the official webpage.