GSK Scholarships is an amazing opportunity for international students who want to study in the UK. The scholarship will cover Master’s level programs in the areas of Health, Hygiene & Tropical Medicine at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. The application window will close on the 27th of Feb, 2022.
GSK Scholarships are offered to assist the training and growth of the next generation of leaders in global health and reinforce the capacity of health systems and health-associated research in Africa.
These very competitive scholarship awards are accessible to candidates aiming to study on a one-year, full-time, MSc program at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
GSK Scholarships – Summary
- Funding Type: Fully Funded
- Institution: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Study Level: Masters
- Area of Study: Health, Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Eligible Student: International Students
- Location: UK
- Deadline: 02/27/2022
Benefits of GSK Scholarships
Recipients of GSK Scholarships will be offered the benefits below:
- The award will cover tuition fees, as well as any important field trip fees, and
- A tax-free allowance (living stipend) of GBP 17,633.00
Eligible for GSK Scholarships
To be eligible for GSK Scholarships, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- They should be nationals of, and resident in, nations in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- They must plan to go back to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM.
- They must affirm that they would be no other means to pay for the proposed program of study by submitting the Supplementary Questions Form.
- They must meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements; and
- Have a first degree – upper second class equivalency level, and
- Have an offer of admission for 2022-2023 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based MSc programs of study.
- Preference will be given to applicants who show(in their application documentation) the prospect to contribute significantly to public health and/or health-associated research in Africa.
How to Apply for GSK Scholarships
To win GSK Scholarships, please follow the guidelines below:
- The application procedure is in two steps.
- To be selected for the scholarship, candidates must satisfy all eligibility criteria and finish both steps described below by the scholarship deadline, which is 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 27 February 2022.
- Step 1: Submit an application for the MSc program of study, based on guidelines under the ‘How to Apply’ section on the relevant program of study page.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarship application, picking this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. A finalized Supplementary Questions Form for this award has to be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment needed in Step 2 (as candidates should have already presented references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).
- Ensure to accomplish Step 1 early to give enough time for their GBP 50.00 LSHTM admissions application fee payment to be evaluated. Till the payment is processed candidates will not be able to submit an application for study. The program would therefore recommend that candidates for this funding complete and submit their application for study at least 1-2 weeks prior to the scholarships deadline to make sure that there are no Admissions or payment processing delays that could have an influence on meeting the scholarship deadline. (Where likely, we would encourage candidates to provide a complete application for study before the scholarship deadline, to ensure timely processing).
- Candidates who have already submitted a completed application and/or have been made an Offer of Admission should apply for the award by completing just the scholarship application (Step 2 above) and submitting this by the scholarship deadline.
- Incomplete submissions will not be regarded. Incomplete applications are ones with missing supplementary documentation. Applicants should make sure that all the important supplementary documents (including references) are presented through the LSHTM’s Admissions Portal before the scholarship deadline.
- These scholarship awards are open to candidates for any of the 19 non-distance learning Master’s programs taught by LSHTM (including our joint programs: MSc Global Mental Health; MSc Health Policy, Planning & Financing; MSc One Health; MSc Veterinary Epidemiology).
- Successful applicants will be asked to pay a deposit within 28 days of receiving offer of admission.
- Candidates who face any technical issues during the process of the online application should try clearing their browser cache and make sure that they are usen the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
- If the problem persists, please communicate with the LSHTM Scholarships team: email@example.com
- Ensure you go through the Terms & Conditions.
- All submissions will only be evaluated and processed after the submission deadline. Results from the final decision will be communicated to the successful candidates before the 27th of May, 2022.