Concordian University is pleased to present the EducationUSA Scholarships program toward the 2022/2023 academic year. This is in the bid to promote American higher education to scholars all over the world.
This scholarship award is accessible to foreign students that want to embark on an undergraduate program at Concord University. The scholarship will be awarded solely based on a GPA rating from 3.0 to 4.0. The highest award amount to be won is $6,000.
Concord University – About
Concord University was established on the 28th of February, 1872. It is a state-owned university in Athens, West Virginia, which is devoted to improving the lives of its students and environs. It ranks within #521-530 in QS Global World Rankings 2022. This great university was established by veterans of both the Union and the Confederacy. The name Concord represents the ideal of “harmony and sweet fellowship”. It was formed when the West Virginia Legislature passed “an Act to locate a Branch State Normal School, in the town of Concord Church, in the County of Mercer”.
The school’s major campus is found in Athens, West Virginia. Concord University also operates at a location close to Beckley, Raleigh County. The structure was established to manage the public colleges serving the region with five founding institutions.
Robert C. Byrd, as a US Senator was able to secure $10 million from the US Department of Health and Human Services to make the campus more developed by putting much effort into building the facility. It is called the Erma Byrd Higher Education Center (after the late spouse of senator Byrd) in Beaver. The facility was structured to also serve as a motivation to attract business and industry to the region. The University’s Beckley office organizes classes at the Erma Byrd Center and at some other facilities around Beckley.
The school is prominent for its attractive campus which has been entitled “The Campus Beautiful” and its spectacular location on a knoll overlooking the mountains in the region. The university also runs a center and organizes classes in Beckley, Raleigh County, West Virginia. It teaches lots of undergraduate programs in 11 emphasis areas and 5 graduate programs: Master of Education, Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Social Work, Master of Arts in Health Promotion, and Master of Athletic Training.
Why Concord University? Through inventive teaching and learning, intellectual and innovative activities, and community service and civic engagement, the university impact the lives of student careers.
Application Deadline: Submissions are taken into account on a rolling admissions basis. Nevertheless, foreign applicants are expected to have submitted their applications by July 1st, 2022.
EducationUSA Scholarships – About
- Awarding Institution: Concord University
- Department: NA
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Award Value: $6,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Eligible Nationality: International
- Location: USA
Eligibility for EducationUSA Scholarships
To meet the requirements for EducationUSA Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Courses: Undergraduate study programs taught at Concord are available for study.
- All candidates are expected to have a GPA of 3.0-4.0.
Benefits of EducationUSA Scholarships
Recipients of EducationUSA Scholarships will be offered the benefits below:
- Foreign undergraduate students chosen by Concord University will be offered an award sum of $4,000-$6,000 to cover their study cost.
How to Apply for EducationUSA Scholarships
To win EducationUSA Scholarships, please follow the guidelines below:
- Steps to Apply: Submissions to Concord can be carried out by logging into the university portal.
- Those who have attained GPA 3.0-4.0 will automatically be considered upon applying.
- Important Documents: The applicants are expected to submit all academic history with an acknowledged English translations at the period of application.
- Admission Prerequiistes: First-Year candidates must have minimu of 2.0 grade-point average and either a composite ACT score of 18 or a combined SAT score of 960.
- Language Prerequiistes: The applicants must present scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 60
- IELTS – 6.0
- GTEC – 1095
- Duolingo – 85
- Eiken – 2A
- iTEP – 3.5
To make further inquiries about EducationUSA Scholarships, please visit the official webpage.