Business and Health Merit Scholarships program is a special opportunity for students from Asia or Greater China who are motivated to embark on a Business or Health study program at Torrens University. Students have the opportunity to apply for the regional scholarships which are open for the 2022/2023 academic year.
The main goal of the bursary is to offer monetary assistance to foreign students who want to embark on undergraduate and postgraduate study programs. The funding is only applicable for tuition fees and first attempt subjects. The application closes to entries on the 30th of December, 2022.
Torrens University Australia – Summary
Torrens University is a private-owned institution of higher learning in Australia with campuses across many locations such as Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane. It is the third private university in Australia; it is part of the Laureate International Universities network. Torrens started lectures in 2014 at its headquarters building in the Torrens Building, Adelaide city center. By 2021, the university has had almost 19,000 registered students.
The university became the 33rd university in Australia and the most recent university in 20 years. The permission for a new university was granted by the South Australian Cabinet following Premier Mike Rann’s deliberations in Australia and in Cancun, Mexico, with Chancellor Michael Mann and Laureate Chairman Douglas Becker. Fred McDougall was the founding President and Vice-Chancellor, also former deputy vice-chancellor and VP of the University of Adelaide.
In 2012, Torrens University got accreditation from the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency. It was initially anticipated to open in 2013, but it started running classes in 2014. Strategic Education Inc. became the new owner of Torrens University Australia in 2020. This sudden alliance resulted in a global connection of more than 100,000 learners all over the world.
Why study at Torrens University Australia? One thing certain for any student at Torrens University, unrestricted access to a broad range of job opportunities and acquisition of skills they need to lead successful careers. These beautiful products are now being prepared for the outside world and the future.
Business and Health Merit Scholarships – Summary
- Awarding Institution: Torrens University Australia
- Department: NA
- Study Level: Undergraduate and postgraduate
- Award Value: 20% off on tuition-fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Eligible Nationality: International students
- Location: Australia
Eligibility for Business and Health Merit Scholarships
To meet the criteria for Business & Health Merit Scholarships, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: Asia or Greater China
- Available Courses: Undergraduate and postgraduate degrees will be offered in any area of study taught at the university
- Undergraduate Applicants have to present a credit average from high school, and postgraduate students have to present a credit average in a prior degree.
Benefits of Business and Health Merit Scholarships
Recipients of Business and Health Merit Scholarships will be offered the benefits below:
- The program will cover about 20% of your complete tuition costs for successful applicants.
How to Apply for Business and Health Merit Scholarships
To win Business and Health Merit Scholarships, please follow the guidelines below:
- Steps to Apply: Prior to the application process for this opportunity, the applicants must take accepted and enrolled in any undergraduate or master’s course at the university. By being a university student, then you get access to the grant.
- Important Documents: Submit a copy of official transcripts for all secondary (high school) and post-secondary/university education.
- Admission Prerequisites: All applicants must check all the entry requirements of the university.
- Undergraduate candidates must present a credit average from high school and an IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent.
- Postgraduate applicants are expected to display a credit average in their former degree and have an IELTS of 7.0 or equivalent overall.
To inquire further about Business and Health Merit Scholarships, please visit the official webpage.